Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Auction Forum Index Auction Forum Index
Free Articles, News, Tips & Support for online auction users worldwide!
Your Relaunched Auction Forum Offering Free Online Auction Help & Advice...

Auction Lotwatch Auctions Home Auction Forum Index Register Memberlist Search Free Auction Tools

Auction Forum Index » Other Auction Sites » "NEW" Fast Growing Auction Site
"NEW" Fast Growing Auction Site 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:21 pm Reply with quote
eaglescoutmom2

A great new auction site.

I join McBidz.com about 76 days ago. I was member #173, and there were just over 700 items listed.

Now there are over 2000 members with 11,161 items listed.

Both listings and membership grows daily.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Enthusiast

I've had a look at the site and certainly it must be one of the fastest growing ones of recent times in terms of members and items listed. But at the end of the day, what actually counts for most people is whether anything actually sells. And I'm not so sure that the answer on that would be quite as optimistic. You say you've been there for 76 days but in that period, according to your feedback, you've sold just one item, despite having a lot of interesting items listed. And that sale was well over 40 days ago. I think most people would be wanting a higher sell-through rate than that; maybe it will improve with time or, like on so many small sites, maybe it won't.

I was interested to see from your store that you were selling a number of "experienced" items. That expression was a new one on me, till the penny (or cent) dropped and it dawned on me that this was a new euphemism for second-hand! Is this the new replacement for "pre-used" and "pre-owned" and other such words? Gosh I must be getting old; well I am. I'll stick to secondhand and used; at least there can be no confusion as to what we're talking about! Hope you soon get your second sale.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:32 am Reply with quote
eaglescoutmom2

Enthusiast wrote:
I've had a look at the site and certainly it must be one of the fastest growing ones of recent times in terms of members and items listed. But at the end of the day, what actually counts for most people is whether anything actually sells. And I'm not so sure that the answer on that would be quite as optimistic. You say you've been there for 76 days but in that period, according to your feedback, you've sold just one item, despite having a lot of interesting items listed. And that sale was well over 40 days ago. I think most people would be wanting a higher sell-through rate than that; maybe it will improve with time or, like on so many small sites, maybe it won't.

I was interested to see from your store that you were selling a number of "experienced" items. That expression was a new one on me, till the penny (or cent) dropped and it dawned on me that this was a new euphemism for second-hand! Is this the new replacement for "pre-used" and "pre-owned" and other such words? Gosh I must be getting old; well I am. I'll stick to secondhand and used; at least there can be no confusion as to what we're talking about! Hope you soon get your second sale.

I know it takes time for a new site to get sells, and I'm not in no great hurry on this site.

I didn't think the word experienced would be such a hard word to understand. Wonder how many people get confused over the word experienced? Not many I'd think.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Enthusiast

Thanks for the response. People know the word experienced yes, but not in the context of referring to used goods. Untl I saw your store on this auction site I had never ever heard the word used in that way, which was why I was at first thrown by it. Maybe it is used in the US in that way but certainly not in the UK. As the site appears to be aimed at UK buyers as well as UK (there is a little Union Jack on it) it's worth considering that should you wish to sell outside of the US. To be frank, and please don't think I'm being rude as that isn't intended, but I think most people this side of the Atlantic, if they were told that experienced meant used goods would find it rather hilarious. Particularly as the word is also used in another context which I won't go into here! But lets just say that if you sold an experienced teddy bear the mind would boggle!!
Re: 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:31 am Reply with quote
bidzinger

Bidzinger has almost 13,000 listings in just two months with only 19 users and growing steadily. They also have a profit sharing program for their sellers that they give out quarterly whether they have made 1,000 sales or one. So not only do you get profit sharing money but sales as well. Register FREE, listing is FREE until the item sells and the FVF's are very reasonably low. It is something you will want to check out; the owners seem to be very competitive and very supportive of the sellers.

Justin
Justin's Fine Collectibles
http://www.bidzinger.com
"NEW" Fast Growing Auction Site 
  Auction Forum Index » Other Auction Sites