Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Auction Forum Index Auction Forum Index
Free Articles, News, Tips & Support for online auction users worldwide!
Your Relaunched Auction Forum Offering Free Online Auction Help & Advice...

Auction Lotwatch Auctions Home Auction Forum Index Register Memberlist Search Free Auction Tools

Auction Forum Index » Auction Promotion » Digital Products
Digital Products 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quote
ghost

I was selling these last year as eBooks but now I see eBay has dumped them. Is there anyone else who was doing this and would like to share what they are doing now?

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:42 am Reply with quote
Enthusiast

To be honest, the problem with ebooks (and I'm not suggesting yours were in this category as I don't know what you were selling) is that a large proportion of them are breaches of other people's copyright. Even many of those which go on about including distribution rights have actually pinched other people's work without permission. It is a growing problem and now that copyright holders are beginning to take legal action against sites that allow goods which breach their copyright (not just ebooks) it is no surprise that eBay are banning them. Also sales of ebooks for pennies or cents has been a well-known way of artificially boosting good feedback.

Sites likes Tazbar banned them long ago and I think you will find that most of the better sites won't let them be listed. You're never going to make much selling them anyway!

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quote
howie1111

digital products are not dead yet. You can still sell them. But do make sure you have rights to that product.

The eBay ban on download actually is helping the genuine sellers. Products on CD / DVD have higher perceived value.

Think of something you are expert about. And write a course or book about it. Put them on CD for sale.

There are free services that does the burning, packing and posting for you too. Just keep looking. Smile

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:51 am Reply with quote
sarah_9

Hello,

I bought a digital camera and DVD player from online auction, both are working well and the quality of the product is truly remarkable.

Regards,
sarah_9
Digital Products 
  Auction Forum Index » Auction Promotion