Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Auction Forum Index Auction Forum Index
Free Articles, News, Tips & Support for online auction users worldwide!
Your Relaunched Auction Forum Offering Free Online Auction Help & Advice...

Auction Lotwatch Auctions Home Auction Forum Index Register Memberlist Search Free Auction Tools

Auction Forum Index » Auction Promotion » To buy or not to buy
To buy or not to buy 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:05 am Reply with quote
hafool

I am looking for a company to buy wholesale from and then sell on eBay. I found this one wholesaler distributor from
China at www.LDUcompany.com and I want to know if anyone here has bought from them before or if anyone knows anything
about them? I was thinking about trying some of the lighters they sell, http://www.liangdianup.com/lighters_1.htm and are
these lighters ok to sell on eBay?

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Enthusiast

I haven't looked at the sites you mention because I've no idea whether they are safe or whether they are full of dangerous malwear. But you need to be aware there are thousands of Chinese sites which are selling non-existent goods. You pay them and receive nothing. A good starting point is http://www.firetrust.com/en/blog/chris/the-bigger-list-of-chinese-scams but it may not be up to date.

Personally I would leave well alone. You could try wholesalers in your own country as that is much safer. But selling lighters on eBay won't make you a fortune. After eBay & Paypal have taken their slices what you're left with won't be worth the effort in my view.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:58 am Reply with quote
Baconsdozen

have to agree with enthusiast selling low value stuff on eBay means that they and paypal will make more than you do,most of the time the low profit left after they have had a dabble means there's no money left.I have tried some 99p reserve auctions on eBay to attract buyers in but unless the bids are going to improve I'll knock it on the head soon.Its only OK if you are genuinely clearing out old stock etc.
As for wholesalers,you are better off using ones over here and dealing face to face in the first instance.There are a lot of dodgy sites and unfortunately for the genuine ones a lot seem to be from the far east.
To buy or not to buy 
  Auction Forum Index » Auction Promotion