Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Auction Forum Index Auction Forum Index
Free Articles, News, Tips & Support for online auction users worldwide!
Your Relaunched Auction Forum Offering Free Online Auction Help & Advice...

Auction Lotwatch Auctions Home Auction Forum Index Register Memberlist Search Free Auction Tools

Auction Forum Index » New Auction Sites » Millionairesbay.com - a new luxury auction!
Millionairesbay.com - a new luxury auction! 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:09 pm Reply with quote
MillionairesBay

Let me introduce you to a new auction site - www.Millionairesbay.com.

Millionaires Bay (www.millionairesbay.com) is a new online auction which was created to meet the needs of affluent consumers and luxury merchandise retailers. The website provides an easy-to-use and secure environment for those willing to buy and sell high-end goods online. For more information about Millionaires Bay, please visit http://www.millionairesbay.com/information.aspx.

Millionaires Bay sees its mission as offering internet users the ultimate online destination for all things luxurious. To accomplish it the company has set the limit on starting bids for all the items equal to £10 000. The Millionaires Bay founders explain that as “the focus of the website is not to attract the masses, but to attract a community of individuals who have a higher spending level”, there is no place for products priced less.

The first auctions on Millionaires Bay vary from the luxury Mercedes-Benz E-Class to Madonna’s bra which she wore for the “Die Another Day” video. Despite the fact that Millionaires Bay was launched a few days ago, the website has already got more than 50 registered users. And this number continues to grow, thanks to the promotion campaigns Millionaires Bay runs both online and offline. The Millionaires Bay team has placed the website banners and billboards throughout London - one of the biggest and richest cities in the world. Besides, Londoners may see the Millionaires Bay ads at the main underground stations and on taxis.

Registration to Millionaires Bay is absolutely free of charge, so don't hesitate to give this new auction site a test drive!
http://millionairesbay.com/login/registration-form.aspx

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Enthusiast

Being very much one of the masses (presumably a polite name for the great unwashed) I felt almost guilty even daring to look at your website with its items way beyond anything I could ever contemplate bidding for. But I did have a peek around. What struck me was that if I was one of the fortunate minority with their high spending power I would certainly want to know a bit more about who was running the site before placing my minimum allowable bid of £10,000 on an item. Or maybe when you have that much money £10,000 here or there simply doesn't matter.

But as a mere mortal it would worry me a lot. Especially as under UK law it is a legal requirement. All I can find is a reference to Millionairesbay.com Limited but no registered address, company registration number or direct email address - all statutory requirement for an e-commerce site which this clearly is. So after you've sacked your solicitor for forgetting this, I think you need to add these details.

Also, I would have thought that for high value items a bidder would want to know a lot more about the seller than just an ID name and a vague geographical indication of their whereabouts. Indeed if these are business sellers as presumably for £10,000 items they probably are, then I think that information is actually supposed to be disclosed. Certainly on eBay you will now see reputable commercial sellers giving lots of information about who they are, what they are and where they are. Very Happy
Millionairesbay.com - a new luxury auction! 
  Auction Forum Index » New Auction Sites