Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Auction Forum Index Auction Forum Index
Free Articles, News, Tips & Support for online auction users worldwide!
Your Relaunched Auction Forum Offering Free Online Auction Help & Advice...

Auction Lotwatch Auctions Home Auction Forum Index Register Memberlist Search Free Auction Tools

Auction Forum Index » New Auction Sites » New Auction Site
New Auction Site 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:32 pm Reply with quote
anver

Have recently opened this auction website :

arizmo.com

Would love to get some feed back.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:07 am Reply with quote
Enthusiast

I've looked at your site and certainly it seems a very different concept to other sites. Its success will obviously depend on whether enough people are prepared to put upfront not insubstantial sums in the hope of winning items. That's where it differs from most sites as you normally only produce the money if you win the item! I'm not sure whether the way your site operates could perhaps be construed as gaming, I suppose that depends on whether there is an element of chance or not, but I haven't looked at it closely enough to form an opinion. But no doubt you've taken legal advice on the situation.

It's good to see the site showing the names of the directors, bankers and solicitors. And after a bit of hunting around I came across the name of the company and registration number. All good stuiff compared to so many sites. But you do need to show on the site the company's registered office. That is a legal requirement and although I looked I couldn't find that.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:45 pm Reply with quote
anver

Thanks for taking the time to look and write your comments.
The site address and how to get here with a map are given under...Contact Us.
Interactive auction which needs strategy and skill are not clssified gambling, but good thinking. thanks and very much appreciated.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Enthusiast

I'm happy to accept what you say regarding bidding involving strategy & skill.

The other point I was trying to make is that as your site under terms and conditions discloses that it is run by Arizmo Limited and gives your company number, you must specifically state the address of the registered office. I appreciate that elsewhere on the site you give the location of your offices at 6 Brook Street and a map. That's excellent but there is no indication whether this is the legal registered office and often the working offices & the registered office are at entirely seperate addresses. It's not me being pedantic but it's what the law requires and as the OFT are now taking a close look at auction sites you need to add in to your terms & conditions after the words Arizmo Limited and before the company number words to the effect "whose registered office is at .............." Otherwise you will get your fingers rapped by the OFT (not by me) when they get you in their sights! Best of luck!

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:16 pm Reply with quote
anver

Thank you for pointing that out, surprising that the Lawyers missed that, will run it by them, much appreciated.

Knew this site was good.

Thanks

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Steve - Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi,

Your site has now been added to the UK Auction List:
http://www.auctionlotwatch.co.uk/auctions.html

If you could add a link back to us then that would be helpful for us
when the time comes to update the list again:
http://www.auctionlotwatch.co.uk/free/toolslink.html