Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Auction Forum Index Auction Forum Index
Free Articles, News, Tips & Support for online auction users worldwide!
Your Relaunched Auction Forum Offering Free Online Auction Help & Advice...

Auction Lotwatch Auctions Home Auction Forum Index Register Memberlist Search Free Auction Tools

Auction Forum Index » General » Tazbar to close
Tazbar to close 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:05 am Reply with quote
Enthusiast

The first major UK on-line auction site casualty of the credit crunch is Tazbar. I've just received an email from them stating that due to commercial considerations the site will close on the 16th July 2009. This is sad but not surprising as it has been struggling for some time.

If a site as big as Tazbar, with thousands of members, can't survive, then one must wonder what long-time hope there is for most of the newer alternatives, who are all much smaller. Possibly some niche sites can survive but most others are likely to disappear unless their owners are prepared to continually pump money in to pay for hosting, software updates, etc etc. Sad

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:48 am Reply with quote
Steve - Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi,

Thanks for posting that - appreciated - Public Holiday here at the moment so
just logged on to my email to find the announcement.

It is unfortunate when a marketplace like Tazbar closes but as you say the
numbers have been dropping for a while. I think being honest when the
new management took over then the numbers started to wane.

Anyway would like to wish Lee and all other directors/employees the very
best for the future.

Cheers

Steve

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:52 pm Reply with quote
skwatty

Hi Enthusiast, long time no speak.
I heard yesterday that Tazbar are going to close, its disapointing but not completely surprising as they definately took a downward turn with the change of managment. As often happens when there are too many people competing to pull in different directions.
It may be coincidence, but we have had a significant boost in members this week. I guess anti Ebayers will want to go somewhere if Tazbar are closing, maybe the smaller lower budget sites, with less overheads and less boardroom conflicts are the way to go.
You said it Yourself, a major UK on-line auction site casualty, not a small one.
I'm not entirely convinced its all down to the credit crunch, I think there fate was sealed some time ago.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Mirak

hello

Tazbar have closed, but in the same time tradeino.com will be launched in December 21.

more about tradeino.com visit us at http://www.tradeino.com
regards
tradeino by KA
Tazbar to close 
  Auction Forum Index » General